DH+ connection to PLC5 and 500

showshocka

:mad:Hi.I am using the "1784-U2DHP/A" box for DH+ with the PLC 5 and 500. The "Who Active Go Online" see's that i"m using the that connection, but it does not see the PLC on the network. It does the same thing with the AB_KT-1 DH+ connection as well. My drivers for theses connections are also configured properly in the RSlinx lite program, no conflicts. My Ethernet and DH-485 always works fine. What can it be?

Have you verified the COM port settings in Windows match the RSLinx driver?

The U2DHP uses a "virtual" serial port and RSLinx needs to know which COM port that is.

When you say the same thing happens with the AB_KT-1 driver, are you using the U2DHP or some other DH+ interface??

Lastly, if you still need additional, help tell us what version of Windows and what version of RSLinx you are using.

Screenshots go a long way too.

OG

When I say the AB_KT-1 driver does the same thing I am referring to where the two are listed under "Configured Drivers"- Name and description section in the RSlinx Classic Professional program. When I use any one of the DH+ drivers being;the 1784U2DHP-1 DH+ and the AB_KT1 DH+ drivers. They both say no conflict. For the 1784 I'm using the box from the usb port of the laptop and for the KT-1 the cable that comes from the to the 1784-PCMK Communication card. I'm using Windows XP Pro and RSlinx Classic Pro. Revision 2.55.00.16 DPR 9 SR2. Please don't mind me but I could paste a screenshot here if I know how to. Thanks

So we need to troubleshoot this problem two ways. The first is to verify that your RSLinx driver has been configured properly. So far I don't know if you have configured the driver correctly. Screenshots will help there.

The other thing to troubleshoot is your network and your PLC.

• Tell us what PLC you are connecting to
  • What port are you plugging into
  • Is that PLC networked
  • What is the DH+ LED on the PLC show you
OG

Thanks all! Now, knowing that the interfaces make their own virtual port, I went to the system devices and found the device, looked to see what the device port was, which was 7 (I'm guessing that was the virtual port). I then went to the RSlinx classic program and set the port to 7 for the 1784DH+,at least anyway . It's works fine now.And for MIKEY thanks for the navigation tip..but I was talking about me, not even knowing how to "copy" the screen to paste it...so how if you dint mind. THANKS!

And for MIKEY thanks for the navigation tip..but I was talking about me, not even knowing how to "copy" the screen to paste it...so how if you dint mind. THANKS!

I use "MWSnap" screen capture software. There are many others though. ( see links below) You can also use the print screen key on your keyboard then windows paint software.

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=scre...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ok. Now, that 1784.. interface box worked for one PLC 5, but not the next PLC 5 and one other PLC 500. I'm getting a communations error. When I get my other laptop back from getting updated tomorrow, I will surely post a screen shot. Early, EST.

Ok. Now, that 1784.. interface box worked for one PLC 5, but not the next PLC 5 and one other PLC 500. I'm getting a communations error. When I get my other laptop back from getting updated tomorrow, I will surely post a screen shot. Early, EST.

Is it possible that you have your laptop set to the same node address as the plc?