Siemens S-300 output not coming

tua32683

Hi,

I am sure there is a very simple and logical explanation for this but I can't find it.
My system uses S-300 plc and there is a pointer used to turn on one of the outputs. When I monitor, I can see that output is turned on in the logic but output on ET200S I/O module is not coming. When I force the output it's turning on. Any ideas?

Hello my Freind
Maybe your output is overwriting from a part of your program.
you have to look up your output in all of program and be sure no other place used this output.
hope make sense

Post a screen shot showing the code you are monitoring that demonstrates that the output you are looking at is on.

E.g.

xxx.jpg

Last edited:
S-300 output is not coming

For some reason my free account does not have a capability to insert images. Attached is the screenshots with the code. When I search for Q100.4 there are no results. When I force Q100.4 output is coming on.

Thanks

S-300 output.jpg

Why do you use a pointer to pass the address in the first place ?
Why not simply put #output_auto on an output pin of the FB or FC, and then place Q100.4 on the pin ?

Apart from that, you have not shown how the address register AR2 is loaded.

S-300 output is not coming

I am sorry, my mistake. It is Q4.0 (not Q100.4). But it's the same issue - I can't see this output is being reset anywhere else in the program (please see attached picture).
It's irrelevant, but there is also a part of the code where AR1 is set.

S-300 output_1.jpg

Create a new library named QQQ using Simatic manager, insert an S7 program into the library and then copy all the blocks from your project to the library blocks folder. Archive the library and then post as an attachment.

You have mixed up AR1 and AR2, and why do you load either with 100.0, when you want to point to Q4.0 ?

With all this confusion, why do you even use pointers at all ?