CScape Software? / IDE...

NickFaraday2

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the PLC world... coming from a traditional programming background C++ / Ruby / Python, etc. I have a PLC controller that I will be programing to do various tasks and will be using the Horner CScape Software to do it.

My Question is: Is there any kind of testing suit? Simulations I can run? It doesn't even look like I can run the debugger without being plugged into the PLC? When I typically write a program / script I start out with set of assumptions/test that all FAIL, then I build each component slowly fixing all the tests. TDD for those other programmers in the room... Is there any way to do this with CScape? Another PLC IDE?

Also... any kind of branching / version control? Aside from naming the project file 1.2, 1.3 etc.

Any direction would me MUCH appreciated!

Thanks

Nick