Doubt on SCADA ?

Rakesh

I want to know which SCADA software support Facon PLC?
I had a PLC connected to the serial port of a PC, which is connected to the internet. Which software should I use to access the PLC through internet ?
Regards,
Rakesh.N.Das

You can find the manufacturers documentation homepage HERE .

Look closely for the english versions of the documents.
From the look of it, it seems that the FACON can be a Modbus RTU Master.
There is also something called "FACON Communication Server". It seems to be either an OPC server or an ActiveX component.

Thats all I can help you with !

SCADA

Hello,

I'm actually aware of Facon server. I'm looking for a SCADA which support some Graphic animations and all !!!

Rakesh

Try Citect at:
www.citect.com

They support most varieties of PLC, and have a list somewhere.

Alternatives are:
Wonderware - although I know this software only by name.
Win CC (siemens) - Looks good on paper, but I don't know if it can support your Falcon PLC.

Hope this helps,

Doug

It depends on that "FACON Communication Server".

If it is an OPC server, then you are in luck.
Any SCADA software that can be an OPC client will do.
(WIN-CC is expensive though).

If is NOT an OPC server, then you have to investigate what it is and what it does.
Can it mimic one of the more popular communication protocols (like Modbus) ?

Edit: Maybe some of the SCADA persons out there can check if FACON is listed in their favorite SCADAs supported protocols.

OK, just looked on the Citect web site, no mention of FACON.

It does support ModBus however, and quite well too.

You could ask Citect for a demo copy or download it from the web site. It can run for 15 min connected to a PLC without a licence, so that should be enough to prove the system.

Doug