Question by noob

choban1984

Greetings,

pardon my english, my lack of understanding PLC's and so forth

I'm looking for directions for a problem that i have. I'm working for an electric company. Nowdays, we are trying to implement remote control of high voltage circuit breakers in some of our substations. The installed circuit breakers already have DC motors that enable the circuit breaker to open. All we need to do is to find a way to send the command signal to some sort of PLC (that's probably the only signal that needs to be send from the control center) via wireless Ethernet connection. Not to complicate much I would appreciate if you cold give me some pointers on where to start from without going into verity of PLC (if i'm thinking right this PLC should be simple enough because it only needs to send status to control center and receive one or two commands).

Tnx a bunch!