difficulty in creating a task that runs inn a spesific time of day

ioannisg

HI to all you programmers

i am new to this type of programming with obs etc .Does any one has a clear example that shows exactly how is it possible to crate something in a ob1 or another ob witch is programmed to run in a specific time of day such as turning on the house lights in 8:00 .It is importat if it is way to run this in s7plc sim mode cause when i try an ob 10 it doesnt run at all..please if anyone can illuminate me it would be very helpfull

HI to all you programmers

i am new to this type of programming with obs etc .Does any one has a clear example that shows exactly how is it possible to crate something in a ob1 or another ob witch is programmed to run in a specific time of day such as turning on the house lights in 8:00 .It is importat if it is way to run this in s7plc sim mode cause when i try an ob 10 it doesnt run at all..please if anyone can illuminate me it would be very helpfull

Hi

You can use SFC 1 to read the system clock. SFC1 returns DATE_AND_TIME. It's 8 byte variable and all bytes are in BCD.

Refer to:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60190&highlight=sfc1

http://support.automation.siemens.c...lib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=21222026&caller=view

i am trying to make a programme that turn on the lights of a house everyday in 9:00 am!!i am not sure what is the best way to do this an if i myst use an OB1 or OB10

Is for s7 300. Basically i want to test it first in s7plcsim as i dont have in front me the actual plc.generally i am trying to write a programm that control lighting(switching on or off for different times of day).

What are you doing to verify that OB10 does not run?

I've tested the time of day interrupt using PLCSIM and it does work.

ob10.jpg

I have recently worked on a project for the first time which required a flag in the PLC to be set at a set time. The PLC was connected to a WinCC Flex HMI so I used the WinCC Flex scheduler function to set the flag.

In this situation, what would be considered best practise, to use OB10 or the WinCC Flex scheduler function?

Last edited:
Look what i did .. Tell what is wrong to fix it
a)firtt i used the sfcs (read clc) then sfc 28 then scf 30 to activate my interupt .all of them i used them in a single ob1.in a sfc 28 i set an ob 10 to happen for every minute starting from the time used in sfc 1.in ob10 i wrote a single line to test it (per example turning on light).then i go to s7plcsim but i doesnt run.look my photos

MY.jpg

I also tried to use sfc1 and fc 8 in a fc that i created but as sfc1 seems to work (q0.0 actules turns active) the fc8 doesnt work(q0.1 is still inactive in eno)

MY2.jpg