EZMarquee to CompactLogix

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to interface a marquee manufactured by EZ Corporation to a CompactLogix processor. The marquee is connected via Ethernet to the processor. I keep loosing communication with the processor. Not sure if the problem is my logic or the device. Anyone done anything similar, I would like to hear from you.

I second the 435. I keep 1 on the shelf just for that application. I can have the communication up and running in less than 10 minutes. I did 2 jobs with out them and spend atleast 2 days debugging my serial port communications. It sucked.
If you count your time worth anything how long will it take to pay back 400~600 dollars? That us usually the question I give to my customers that want to cut corners.

I will do more research on this unit. How fast does this unit update the marquee after writes to the registers? It defeats my purpose for using these marquee’s if the update is too slow.