Ethernet v.s Ethernet/IP AB

Alanc007

Morning Guys i was looking to Help Explain the benefits to Others in My Group about the Functional Differences between these 2 protocals. Im having troubles getting the Information to Others with Less technical Skill sets. Is there any Technical Documentation from Which i can find this?
Thanks in advance,
Alan Cannon

There is Gigabytes of it, but not necessarily in one place.
Mainly because Ethernet is more than a protocol, but Ethernet/IP is a protocol that runs on Ethernet, it is just poorly named and confuses everyone at first glance.
Tell them that it is the difference between using the "Telephone" (Ethernet) and talking on the telephone in a specific language. (Ethernet/IP)

In TCP/IP & UDP the "P" stands for "Protocol", that is what these are.
Protocols that run on Ethernet, which is a hardware specification that supports these protocols and more.
It is quite straight forward, just has been clouded for so long that misconceptions abound, or maybe I'm just gett'n old. :(