s7 300- ET200M, SF AND BF BLINKING

goko2rock

Dear Sirs,
I am in a great trouble. 2 weeks before my plant system configured with 1 master and 2 slaves. one of the slave node (ET200M) shows error SF and BF blinking. when i checked with diagnostic buffer it said module not found. i exchanged the respective modules still the faults were not cleared. i then interchanged the modules arrangement (analog,digital,analog,digital) and the fault disappeared. again now the same faults is coming. i don't know what to do now. i check the programs it have necessary OB'S and baud rate is also ok. i changed the communication cables. changed the 24v supply.

some times the fault gets cleared and machine runs. sometimes it does not. please some one help me.

its very very very urgent...

To me it sounds like cable problems.
Investigate all the profibus connectors.
Investigate the Hardware Diagnostics in STEP7.
Check if there is an equipotential earth between cabinets.
Check that the earth is good enough.

If that does not reveal anything, you may consider to buy or rent a Profibus tester.

profibus tester..!!what to do with that. ok i tried changing profibus cable it self..!!
still the problem is not solved.
i need a very urgent help from some one.. please i request everyone here to suggest a solution..

regards,
goku

To me it sounds like cable problems.
Investigate all the profibus connectors.
Investigate the Hardware Diagnostics in STEP7.
Check if there is an equipotential earth between cabinets.
Check that the earth is good enough.

If that does not reveal anything, you may consider to buy or rent a Profibus tester.

Did you check the earthing? If not, do a test and connect the cabinets PE rails vith a bigger PN, f.x 10mm2. Check that the 0V is earthed to signal earth and that the signal earth is connected to PE.

Kalle

When you changed the cable did you change the connectors ?
I have experienced bad connectors.

Did you check how the cable is terminated in the connectors ?
Many many times regular electricians have no clue how to connect the shield in the connectors.

As said before, check the earth.

You can also tell us more details about your installation, distances, baudrate.

Yes when i removed the cable i changed the total connector also..and as far as earth is concered its done . i checked earting 0v too. again the same fault. there are interconnected system. one more ET200M module and 315 dp no fault appears there. its very strange. when i inter changed the module(analog,Digital,analog, digital) the fault disappeard for a week.
how is that possible..
now when i try interchanging its not working...

oopse.. am realy F!@#$d up..!!

:(:(

yes i am testing those thing...this is a process automation plant. bcz of this problem everything is stopped. and idiot me has no clue. :( :(

my baud rate is 187.5kbps .

photo.php

please the image.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...50116149173278.317434.691603277&type=1&ref=nf

you will get a idea about my configration.

i didt get what do you realy mean by equipotential earth.. earthing is same equal in potential between cabinet.

There MUST be an equipotential earth between cabinets.
The common earth going to a central earth point is not enough.

I dont use facebook.
The image link is dead.
Since I cannot see your layout, I cannot say any more.

Last edited:
Hi
What about going online within the hardware config and seeing what is shown (or not) as a crude indication of the available profibus network

I also agree with previous comments ref profibus connectors.. and have you checked basics like only the end profibus plugs are fitted with resistors (usually a slider set to ON)

cheers