RX3i PLC with PBM300 connected to Siemens ET200M(IM153-1)

Savorani

I would like to connect a profibus master PBM300 (from GE) to a distributed I/O profibus slave ET200M (from Siemens).
Do I need to use the ET200S instead or do I need also the Siemens CPU?
I've downloaded to the master the GSD file from Siemens but it seems that the slave is not connecting to the master and, when I issue a COMM-REQ to the slave, the master's feedback bits show an error code related to "Slave must be parametrized".
Did some one had similar experience?
Thanks

Loris(y)

Hello savorani;
It would seem that the ET 200M station is not completely configured in the GE Profibus master configuration file.

What Siemens calls an ET 200M is a Profibus-DP slave station built with S7-300 I/O modules and a IM 153-x (there are different models)as a Profibus slave interface.
There is no need for a S7-300 CPU on the rack, as there would be a conflict between the IM 153-1 and the CPU. You could use a CPU as a DP slave, but then thios would not be an ET 200M station.
Now, when you insert an IM 153-1 in the Profibus configurator (after importing the gsd file), you must also add to the interface module's configuration all the I/O modules that are present on the ET 200M rack. The IM module by itself cannot have data to transfer to the GE master; it is the I/O modules that connect to the process and have data to transfer.
Once the IM (and the I/O modules) is properly configured you must also reserve in the master the correct amount of data required by the I/O modules of the ET 200M. Then only will the Profibus configurator accept that the ET 200M station is acceptable.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier