GE PLC RX3i and View Marq Display

dennicanfor

Hi I am a beginner to the GE PLC. I am working on a project to install two new viewmarq display. Has anyone ever connected or worked with this kind of hardware architecture, GE RX3i and View Marq Md4-0124t.
We have tried serial using CMM004 and Modbus TCO using ETM001. The display doesnt work, if someone has worked on such a scenario and can send examples would be highly appreciated. Thank You.

What protocols are available in the HMI? For serial you will have to configure the port in the CMM004 to match what the HMI uses. I'm pretty sure the CMM004 supports SNPX, which is probably what the HMI has available for GE serial. For Modbus TCP, I'm pretty sure you will need to set up a map in hardware configuration.

Viewmarq has rs-232, rs-485 and ethernet.
Those are not protocols. They are electrical standards.

I looked it up.
Modbus TCP Server or RTU Slave
and ASCII.
That's going to make things a bit more difficult. Normally the PLC is the server/slave and the HMI is the client/master. In this case, the PLC will have to initiate all exchanges with the View Marq instead of responding to requests for information.
You will need to set up COMREQ instructions in ladder logic. There are examples in GFK-2224 for the COMREQs to set up a Modbus TCP client.