Moeller Computer Interface

Sceptre

Good day. I'm new to the board, and also relatively new to PLC's, so excuse me if I'm a little slow :D

Recently picked up a Moeller XC-CPU101. I have designed a calibration system, which I currently control completely from a computer system using data acquisition cards. I want to switch this sytem to a PLC, for reasons of stability. Then problem is, the end user needs to interface with the process at the start of the calibration scheme in order to set various varibles.

I am using moeller-supplied interface software so that the PLC can communicate with visual basic, however, I am wondering just how much the PLC can do. It is possible that I can program the PLC to do the task completely and just go back to the computer to set variables?

The task basically includes switching relays, reads from analog inputs, sets analog outputs and sets digital outputs. All software which is done in visual basic, right now, is self correcting and compensates for temperature variances, etc. Also, the Vb code is pretty dependant on Timers to control processes. I am unaware of how to use timers on PLC's, if its even possible. Are there any tutorials I can have a look at to give me some direction in this?

Sorry for the book, i'm just having some trouble getting started here.

Thank you for any input.

Nick

Go to

http://www.moeller.net/en/en.jsp

On the bar near the top click Support

Then in the drop down product select list Pick XControl. You'll get a list of documentation and stuff.

I havn't worked with that controller yet but just about any PLC can do all of the things you listed. Some are a little better and some of the tasks than others but from the brief description you give, a PLC is just what you need.