Moeller PS4-101-DD1 - Sucosoft S30 or Sucosoft S40?

Joshman

Hello!

I have a friend who now lives on his boat in a different country and he has reached out to me for some help. I am familiar with the PS4 versions of the Moeller PLCs and have some experience with the PS3s.

EXPLANATION:

He has a Moeller PS4-101-DD1 PLC to control some motor controllers to change from a shore power source to his generator. It's been working flawlessly since he installed it over 15 years ago. The PS4-101-DD1 failed so he bought one from a new old stock website. He says he has the user software but no way to put the software onto the PS4-101-DD1.

PROBLEM:

The PS4 name suggests that you can use the S40 software to program it but he says it's not going to work. He says that only the version 2 of S30 will work. Looking at the specs for the S40, I see the PS4-101-DD1 sits in a weird era of transition from the PS3 to the PS4.

The PS4-101-DD1 manual say to use S30 but that was a super early release of the manual and maybe things have changed.

ASK:

Is anyone out there familiar with the older Moeller PLCs and could shine some light on this?

I have pretty much all of the Sucosoft software suites as well as some programming cables including the one for the PS3s called: ZB4-501-UM1.

Assuming that cable can work, I just need to know which software suite to use and if it's S30, perhaps a little bit of some guidance how to load the user program onto the PS4-101-DD1.

Thanks so much!