Moeller ps4-341-mm1, stuck on boot?

MaxBeast4Z

Hello, I recently got my hands on a moeller ps4-341-mm1, I do not understand this plc it won't boot.

In the manual on page 65 says "The Run” and “Not Ready” LEDs will flash if the PLC does not have an operating system, and the PLC is in boot status."

I connected the PLC on the PC, I can't really get more information it's still say It's stuck in boot.

"ECM OS40-300 destroyed stop"
I do not have a memory module.

What can I do from here? all I see is this thing is better off to go to the trash.

You cannot pull programs out of these PLCs so you don't need to try anything there.

Starting the PLC is usually 2 step process. If I remember correctly, there is a three position rotary switch and a pushbutton. Rotating the switch sets up what will happen when you press the button. these are under the door on the right of the base unit.

So you can try to move the switch to 2-Run and then press the button and see if it goes into run mode. Or 3-Run M-Reset (resets retentive data to defaults) and press the button.

If you don't have the software and/or cables it's better to start over with new hardware. These controllers are very obsolete.

Thank you for trying to help. Nothing worked at this point it's a lost cause, I just wanted to see if I could maybe get this working. I'll just sell it for parts and I have 3 modules with it.