WinCC Flexible Passwording a button

inst_tech

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance on how to set up passwording a button. Have tried everything but it fails to work. Know I'm missing something simple but dont know what!!

I'm using an MP277 touch and have a button for engineering that takes them to another screen. All i want to do is when the button is pressed the user is prompted for a password, enter password and thats it! Was so simple on Protool!!

Can anyone help before the MP is launched out the window?!

Many thanks.

When you look at the properties of the button one of the options is security. You can then set one of the security group settings. You can change "groups" and "users" (ie members of the groups) from the user authorisation settings from the left hand project list. Can't quite remember what the security settings are called in the left hand window but they are about half way down, under alarms I think.

Hope that helps

;-)

PS. The standard admin user / pass is admin / 100 this will give you global authorisation.

PPS. If you are still struggling after reading my 'from memory' answer then let me know and I'll go and dig out WinCC Flex and fire it up and give you more gen. ;-)

You must do the following:
Under Runtime User Administration, setup a number of user groups, each with the required access level..
Under the buttons Properties .. Security .. Runtime Authorisation, assign a minimum access level.
A good tip is to select that under Runtime User Administration ... Runtime Security Settings ... Number of invalid login attempts = 0. Otherwise you risk to logout users permanently.
edit. Another good tip is to setup a screen for managing users. There is an Enhanced Object, User View that you just have to drop into the screen. That is all.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies both of you.

think this is where i'm getting confused, does nothing have to be set up under users? Have attached 2 screen shots of what I have so far.

cheers

users.JPG group.JPG

Looks OK.
All you have to do is to set the buttons Properties .. Security .. Runtime Authorisation, assign one of the two groups "Administration" or "Operate".

That didnt seem to work.

Have attached the button porperties screen shot.

All that happens now is when you press the encoder setup button the password box appears, i type in "engineer" and the password and it returns me to the menu screen. I press Encoder Setup again and just prompts me for the password.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

untitled.JPG

Is the user "engineer" assigned to the group "engineering" ?
Is the group "engineering" assigned to the authorisation "operate" ?
We cannot see that from you screenshots.

ah ha! Was trying to move the green arrow to start with. Ok, have done that but still the same (the button works fine without security). Have attached screen shots 1,2 and 3. Hopefully you may spot something obvious!

thanks

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.JPG

Try to write password in UPPERCASE when you are prompted.
TP170 had a bug with uper/lower case, maybe that's your problem too.
Those 3 pictures (Usergropus) you sent looks OK.