Read Data Block name not address

mosama

Dear All,

Regrding SIEMENS OPC Client (OPC Scout), is there a way to access data blocks by names not addresses ??

Symbols names for addresses in Data Blocks are defined in the Declaration table of the DB in the Step 7 project. The symbolic name of the DB is defined in the sysmbol table in the Step 7 project.

When you setup the "PC Station" with the OPC Server, it must be integrated with the target S7 CPU in one STEP7 Project.
Then you can chose to include the symbols of the S7 Project in the connection for the OPC Server.

Similar Topics

FUNCTION_BLOCK FB283 VAR_INPUT DB_number: BLOCK_DB; add : int; END_VAR VAR_OUTPUT out:INT; END_VAR VAR end_var BEGIN...
Replies
Views
Hi Iam using monitouch hmi(V9 soft) with omron plc cj2m (CX programmer). In this I want to read a data from hmi to plc. The data was like...
Replies
Views
Thank you for any and all responses/help. I have an RSLogix 5000 v20 and a Cognex In-Sight v5.9 spreadsheet (8502P). I can not figure out how to...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts, Please, kindly guide me through how to read data from ABB PLC to S7-1200 Siemens PLC. I want to use Siemens S7-1200 PLC to read data...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to send the data from Rslogix500 to Excel. I created a connection between RSlinx and Excel. The values in Excel automatically...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom