Choose string length in DB

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I have a datablock with a string. I want the string to be just 10 char so it doesn't take up 256 bytes.
I write string[10] but still the datablock make it occupie 256 bytes. Any help?

It occupied 256 bytes for some reason. I will make a screen tomorrow when I am at work again.

Here is the screen of my DB

skrmklippu.jpg

Yes I know it should, and as you see in my picture I state batch1[10] and still get 256bytes. Thats what's bothering me =P

Ahh I wrote the [10] in my name field instead of the type field. So obvious when I see it but so tricky when you don't know it =)