S7 TIA Portal - which connection option to choose for PLCSIM?

Mas01

Hi,
I want to use PLCSIM because the hardware I was working on has now been delivered to customer.

Which option do I choose from this drop-down menu to establish a connection?

Thanks

p.s. I like the site upgrade - much more like what I'm already used to - cheers to Admin for that.

Connection options.png

What have you tried? I'd expect either option to work in most situations.

PN/IE_1 Is the subnet under which you want to connect by. This is the routing, in exactly the same method as going online with an actual CPU

Anyone have much experience of using PLCSIM?
It just seems a bit ropy and the look and feel of it, seems like it was added onto TIA as an afterthought.

I keep getting this message - PLCSIM used to start up ok before. After pressing the SIM icon, I get this message after 10 minutes. Might need a reboot.

PLCSIM fail to start.png

Not moved on to TIA V18 yet but previous versions of PLCSIM are not what I would call ropey, I use it on an almost daily basis.

UPDATE - after several reboots of software, I have the window I was expecting to see.
I saw some youtube videos using v15 of PLCSIM - If you're familiar with v15, you can see how the user interface is a lot different compared to v18 shown below..
Screenshot 2024-02-22 132527.png

Good to know. Have you got v18?
I really recommend making sure you have all the updates installed. PLCSIM V18 with no updates was a bit wonky. first gen of the new UI that combines PLCsim with plcsim advanced

I really recommend making sure you have all the updates installed. PLCSIM V18 with no updates was a bit wonky. first gen of the new UI that combines PLCsim with plcsim advanced
Thanks, I'll check I've got the latest and greatest.

There's a nice PLCSIM manual built into "PLCSIM Advanced" - unfortunately, PLCSIM Advanced is only applicable to 1500's and ET200 PLCs (I've got a 1200).