Siemens 6RA70 with profibus

nathan66669

Hey guys,

I've read what I think is every single thread here about profibus with this drive (pretty much learned everything from here!) My question is this:

If I use control word 1 from profibus, do I still need any of the hard wired I/O? The book mentions terminal 37/38 are always used to control word 1 and never able to be changed, but are they ignored if I change P648 to K3001? It doesn't specify anywhere. Also, the same goes for the hard wired E-Stop on terminal 105(or 107). It goes into control word 1 bit 2.

I'm trying to get a good set of wiring schematics drawn up before the drive needs to be installed, so I am not able to test it first and would save a heap of time if I knew this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I have a new 4 Quadrant 6ra70 DC Master from Siemens; it is basically to replace an existing 6RA24. I have a digital input going into the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Following procedure for updating software on 6RA7013, stuck at step 5 (for those who have the manual) where you open a dos window and...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi need help why this “failure 5 emergency stop “ appears at every startup in the morning ? Have to shut off main switch at least 10 times on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom