Redlion comms modbus TCP/IP to CLX

winklerlars

Supporting Member
:mad: Having trouble with REDLION DSPSX000 with optional ethernet card. Trying to talk to 7 GE multilin 750 and 745 protection relays via Modbus Master TCP/IP back to AB RS5000 ethernet port. Any ideas? Newbie with redlion!

You need to monitor the values you are trying to read in the red lion. I think if you right click on the on the connection it will show you the values. If you are not reading the values over modbus, there is something wrong with the wiring / configuration.

When I did mine, I first mapped the data to internal tags in the red lion and got that part working. When either side was working, I just mapped one to the other.

Multilin

I can't help with the Red Lion,

but I do know a bit on the Multilin
are you perhaps trying to read data from the "user map value" registers of the Multilin?

What is the IP address of the on board and expansion Ethernet port? They must be on separate subnets. If they are on the same subnet you would just use the on board port and an external switch.

Thanks
Jeremy