Temp display in rs5000

stu

Hi guys
I have a j type probe which is connected via point I/o termocouple
How do I get the value in degrees and at the moment it is reading -45 when the temp is 9c can someone give me guidance thanks stu

Hey, Stu,

If you didn't find the answer, you must configure your Thermocouple Input module for the Type J thermocouple, and also to read in Degrees Celsius. You can find instructions in the RSLogix5000 Thermocouple Input Module installation manual.

Remember also that Thermocouple modules require a special terminal block, 1734-TBCJC, that has two built-in Cold Junction Compensator devices.

Hi guys I have wired the thermocouple up correctly i have set the tc module to j type , degrees but I am still getting a value of 91 when the temp is 9.1 do I have to divide the input by 10?? Any idea thanks

That is the way it works in other AB Temperature Cards. That information should be in the Card manual.

Stu....