PLC5/40 to 1746-NI8 Class 3 via 1747-ASB

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Why does RSLogix5 allow you to choose the 1746-NI8 Class 3 Mode, and insert the correct size BTR/BTW rungs even though this mode appears to be unsupported? Is it only supported over ControlNet?

The card is in a RIO Rack from Channel 2B of the PLC5 with a 1747-ASB in the remote rack.

Or did I mis a step in configuring it. I switched to Class 1 mode and re-used the wizard to create rungs that work (I had to delete the card and I/O points first).

I already rolled my own status bit logic, but if Class 3 mode can be used remotely in this setup, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
Paul, I may confirm the module can only be used in Class 1 mode over RIO... it has been confirmed to be an "anomaly" inside RSLogix5 editor.

- fuzzy logic