RS-485 Network multiple connector

Tracteur

Hi guys, I've to connect some rs-485 component. My problem is that each device have a different connector type.
The breakers (Masterpact NT) (seven in fact) have screw connector, the second a Modicon 340 have a rj-45 connector and finally a Ge Versamax that get a db-9 connector.
I'm totaly lost. The master will be the GE.

Thks in advance.

I'd suggest that you consider breaking the DB9 wiring out to screw terminals, so that you can wire without spurs or stubs.

s12kv8.jpg

RS-485 is intended to be daisy chained, with incoming line on the same terminals as the outgoing line.

The incoming/outgoing line is not supposed to go to a terminal strip from which a separate pair of wires spurs or stubs off to the device.

By breaking out to screw terminals, you have flexibility for wiring that is awkward with DB9 connectors.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...ei=sffkTflqh7-BB-Wn8KIG&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQ8wIwAw#

I suspect the RJ-45 adapter with its transparent housing can be easily figured out because the wiring is in-line.

24w6io6.jpg

Which of the 9 pins in a DB9 are brought out to the 5 screw terminals is up for debate. Time for an ohmmeter . . . .

Hopefully it's the pins needed, because there is no standard or even convention for RS-485 in a DB9.

The cable that connects the DB9 on the device to the DB9 on the DIN rail adapter (above) is a stub or spur cabling. Stub/spur cabling creates reflections. That section of cabling/wiring needs to be minimized.