OIT Recomendatation

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used a C-More or Maple (or other) OIT with a CompactLogix system? Are there any issues that i should be aware of? I have only used PanelViews with CompactLogix, but I would like to "step out"(reduce costs) as it were. For example, are alarms handled to your satisfaction with the non A-B OITs? Do the OITs address the CompactLogix memory adequately?

narlin

Never used maple but Cmore is a good product and has great supportn and you can't beat the price.

I hear a lot of good things about red lion but i have never used one myself.

I have used the Red Lion G3 series with Compact Logic PLCs with no issues. Infact I am working on one now that is connected to a Control Logic L61.

Has anyone used a C-More or Maple (or other) OIT with a CompactLogix system? Are there any issues that i should be aware of? I have only used PanelViews with CompactLogix, but I would like to "step out"(reduce costs) as it were. For example, are alarms handled to your satisfaction with the non A-B OITs? Do the OITs address the CompactLogix memory adequately?

narlin

I have used the Redlion G315 to connect to CompactLogix in four applications.

I was very pleased.

I used a C-More with a CompactLogix L32E. Worked very well. With the Ethernet connection the screen update rate was very fast. The C-more software was able to import all the CompactLogix tags also.
I would recommend this combo.

I will look at red lion. I have used C-more with other PLC's but it sounds like that is a valid option also. The Maple may work just fine. It is closer to the PanelView in "perceived" quality.