Panel view 900 problem

arash_abd

Hi,I have got a panelview 900,the green light which indicate connection has stopped flashing and thefore connection between hmi and plc hast failed.What can we do?

Check the wiring !

Post the exact model of PanelView terminal (2711-xxxx) which will tell us exactly which network it uses, and Forum members may be able to help you troubleshoot that network.

I have disconnected HMI from the PLC.and in this case the green led must flicker but does not.
I will post the exact number tomorrow but terminal is dh 485

panel view terminal is 2711-k9a1.which hast two ports including rs-232 that I use to read and connect via panel view software and rio 2sh1 port which is conneced to PLC s5/04 via scanner card 1747-sn.
As I said before two led at the back of the HMI (red and green) flicker during start up process and then both turn off.any one can help?

panel view terminal is 2711-k9a1.which hast two ports including rs-232 that I use to read and connect via panel view software and rio 2sh1 port which is conneced to PLC s5/04 via scanner card 1747-sn.
As I said before two led at the back of the HMI (red and green) flicker during start up process and then both turn off.any one can help?

See picture below

ledstatus.jpg

Dear sir
I checked all options you mentioned in the last post but I couldn't not find any thing.Is there a way to be sure that PLC anables HMI device?
ps: this is a picture I took from setup menu of panelview 900.
"remote hardware I/O failed" flashing in this menu.
Is it possible that a hardware issue has occured?

20110612(001).jpg

That "Remote IO Hardware Failed" indicates that the RIO daughtercard (the board that holds the RIO connector and those LEDs) has failed an internal diagnostic test.

Unfortunately, the RIO daughtercard is not sold as a replaceable part, and the PanelView 900 Standard terminal has been out of production for many years.

You could try disassembling the unit and swapping the RIO board with another terminal, but it is possible that the terminal will require replacement with another PanelView or a different HMI terminal.