PLC Training

joebart

J
Hi All:
I am a Licensed Electrician in NJ and am looking for a PLC training class in the central NJ area. I would like to get into a class environment for this type of study. I purchased the book and found it to be a good start. Does anyone know of a school or a class in the area that can fit my needs?

Thanks Happy Holidays!!
Joe

I got my initial exposure to PLC's at my local community college. I'm not sure if the curriculum is similar there, but here, one or two semesters of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are on PLC's. They start from the beginning. You may be able to find out when these courses are offered at your local college and get into them without enrolling in the whole degree program. Colleges sometimes offer shorter 'Electrical Maintenance' courses that touch on PLC's as well.
Another option, but much more expensive probably, is to contact the manufacturer of the PLC you're most interested in working with and see when they offer classes on their controllers. These classes are usually pretty pricy, though, if you're paying out of pocket.
My advice would be to talk to an advisor at your local Community College. Chances are they offer something to fit your needs at night and during the day.