S7-200 & TP170B panel

madkins

OK, siemens is not my strong suit so I am looking for guidance on something that makes no sense to me...

there are 2 air cylinders actuated off the same solenoid valve (spring return) and each cylinder has a sensor indicating that it is fully retracted, stroke is about 6" or so.

LDN A1_1 solenoid to extend
LDN E1_0 cylinder #1 retracted
ON E1_1 cylinder #2 retracted
ALD
= V481_0 Alarm bit

This triggers the TP170B to pop up an alarm banner, etc. So what I don't understand is how this ever worked (and it has for years) without some kind of timer in the ladder logic to physically give the cylinders time to retract before the next PLC scan... The only thing I can imagine is perhaps the MMI has a time delay feature built into it such that it doesn't alarm until the V481_0 bit has been active for some time... is that possible or typical? Other explanations?

If there is a delay alarm feature in the TP170B how do I view and/or access it to add some additional delay time?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

There is always a delay using HMI, no matter how small it might be.

If I remember from the last time Î worked with TP170, they are a bit slow, so maybe that's the explanation.

How long do the cylinders take to retract?

Cylinders retract in about 1 second, problem is the system alarms as soon as the solenoid valve is de-energized A1_1, without any chance of the cylinders moving to their retracted position.

In looking at the logic this is to be expected, what I don't understand is how it ever worked for these years without nuisance tripping...