4-20ma temp controller

dginbuffalo

I am going to use a little Dwyer/Love controller to modulate some dampers. There is a outlet and mixing damper that i want to move together. Can i series the 4-20mA control signal through both actuators? i know i have series'd 4-20 before through a device and a chart recorder- as long as the controller has enough juice i assume? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes, you're right. As long as you have enough juice.

Somewhere in the controller spec sheet, it should tell you how much resistance the 4-20mA output can drive. 500 ohms, 600 ohms, 700 ohms something like that.

Likewise the damper actuators have an input resistance, typically 250 ohms but there are other values, typically lower than 250 ohms.

The sum of the damper resistances needs to be lower than the resistance value through which the controller can drive its current. Copper wire resistance on short runs is negligible.