Suggestions on a 4-20ma Temp Probe

Minco, Omega Engineering

You will probably end up with an RTD and transmitter, not a direct 4-20 device. For high temp maybe T/C instead of RTD.

http://www.workaci.com/content/att100-r

I currently use this in my house. Its a simple RTD with a 4-20ma output. They come pre-programmed for a range plus they have old school zero and span pots for calibration. nice for only $110 dollars. They have all types of ranges and indoor/outdoor, RTD or Thermistor.

Last edited:
For process industry we use SICK or IFM transmitters which have a direct 4-20mA output.

Otherwise if it's just a regular old temperature probe stuck to a wall or something then it will most likely be an RTD connected to a 4-20mA 'hockey puck' style transmitter which you can get from most industrial thermocouple or temperature suppliers.

I have used Foxboro Temp transmitters in the past if you have to have a 4-20mA signal (no shutdown time, no more spaces for cards, etc. reason to need it). It comes in a range 0-300F is what i typically bought, but you lose a certain amount of accuracy vs RTD. If you need more info i can look up the model #.