Issues with PLC 5/40E Boot-Up - Need Suggestions

Hello tdoa, GaryS, AutomaticInvest_4, and Joseph_e2,

Thank you all for your detailed replies, I sincerely appreciate your time and effort.

tdoa: I'll follow your suggestion to test with a multimeter and see if it's a diode. I'll also consider soldering a small jumper wire as you suggested.

GaryS: I will indeed try soldering over the trace and reflow the solder on the connection as per your recommendation. Your point about seeing this as an opportunity for an upgrade is well taken. The concept of transitioning to a Logix processor seems like a forward-thinking plan. This is something I'll bring up to the higher-ups for consideration. I understand the concerns with third-party repairs and the risks that come along with it.

AutomaticInvest_4: I hadn't considered the possibility of liquid damage before. Even though I can't recall any instances where liquid might have spilled, it's something I'll keep in mind going forward. Thank you for this insight.

Joseph_e2: You're absolutely right about being on borrowed time with our current setup. I appreciate the suggestion for an immediate, albeit temporary, solution with a replacement 5-40E. I'll definitely consider your point about the long-term plan, which involves moving to more reliable, modern setups such as ControlLogix or the CompactLogix line.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress and again, your continued support in this matter is immensely appreciated.

The area that got flexed has power and common fingers right there. I'd wager a critical via on the thick traces is broken between layers. That slug capacitor looks to be between them and may have cracked as well. a hot air reflow with flux of that area might buy some time.