A DB in array format

orense

Hello,

I have a Siemens plc, where I have a DB which is a big array in Byte format.
This DB is written to from an external device, and I would like to petch some of those values and place them in another DB. For instance, if byte 32, 33, 34 and 35 is written to, then I would like to move those into a an output field on a touch panel. The value coming in is a hex value, but I would like to have a output on the panel in ascii.

It is a bit circumstantial, so first I would like to manipulate the values in the array in order to have control of the different bytes in the array before I convert them to ascii.

Can anybody help me with this? The first thing that hits me is that I have to use pointers, but I'm not sure...

Ideas anybody?

Thanks!

If the addresses you want to access are always the same then you don't need to use a pointer to read out the values to an interim memory area.
OPN DB <Source DB>
L DBB 33
T MB 1
L DBB 32
T MB 0
etc.