Control Logix Gateway

n521554

I am upgrading an existing software (HMI) written in VB6.

The current version of the HMI Reads/Writes and accepts Unsolicited messages from the PLC5's. The software is using an OCX, from Automated Solutions, to communicate on DH+ via an Allen-Bradley PKTX card.

We are changing to Ethernet on the software due to lack of support for the PKTX card on Windows 7. We are using another OCX from Automated Solutions and a Control Logix Gateway (Ethernet to DH+).

I have the software reading/writing across the gateway just fine. My problem is configuring the MSG in the PLC5's and the Routing Table in the DHRIO module of the Gateway to get Unsolicited Messages to the PC.

The Allen-Bradley knowledgebase documents don't give any examples of this setup. I have an email in to Automated Solutions as well. Can anyone give me an example of a PLC5 message configured for Ethernet access and the Routing Table setup for the Gateway?

Also, in the PLC5 message setup screen, the Remote Link Type has 3 choices. Data Highway, Data Highway II and Other. What is each used for?

Thanks
Wally