connection error between Mitsubishi E1012 hmi and rslogix 5000 hmi

mroyce

I'm trying to establish communication between a Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and a Mitsubishi E1012 HMI. In the e1012 peripheral configuration, i setup COM2 for Allen Bradley/DF1 connection/ rs-232C, 19200 baudrate, none, 8, 1. I made sure the baud rate and other parameters are the same in the plc. I'm able to download to the hmi without any problems, but I get a "1. Conn error" message on the hmi screen and I am unable to communicate between the hmi and the plc.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've to say I've never used those HMIs, anyway, first thing I would check is the type of PLCs supported by the HMI... my suspect is that only SLC and Micrologix controllers are supported, and in that case you'll be able to communicate to a Logix controller only through PLC/SLC mapping.

So, check if the protocol settings inside thew HMI software indicate which PLC you can connect to using DF1 protocol.
If the HMI sofware has an error checking for addresses syntax, it would be easy to understand the type of address you may use... if the allowed is like N7:0 or B3:0/1 and so on, then you're playing with a "legacy" AB addressing, and mapping in RSLogix5000 is needed.

I suggest in case to read the informations in the RS5000 help file (accessing it using the menu "Logic - Map PLC/SLC Messages").

- fuzzy logic

I have not seen that Screen in the gt designer 3
e1012?
Is this a new screen or old type
The config for some of the GOT screens are settable for compact logix but not all the range.Please post any screen details you have

RS Logix 5000 is plc programming software. What is the actual plc you are trying to connect with?

Typically HMI to PLC comm issues, other than parameters are cable issues. What cable are you using?

Hope this will help.

Ok gtsuport, that could be useful to complete the informations, although Logix controllers all have the same serial port hardware...

I think it will be more interesting to know about the connection cable, as you've asked in the previous post... I was just assuming he is using a correct one, but it could be nice to have some confirmations...

- fuzzy logic

Hi,

You need to use the DF1 driver and map tag arrays in the Logix CPU to "native" AB addresses (N7:0, F8:0 etc). It's explained in this startup document from Beijer:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/web/BExFilePileHMI.nsf/0/B9993BAD5E923A90C1257375005735B2/$FILE/KI00245.pdf

For the E1032 -> E1151 there is an ethernet based driver that supports tag names.

If I don't remember wrong you should use a CAB30 to connect the panel to the Logix-CPU (you can find a cable description in the DF1 driver help).

//Supporter