AB DNet RSNETWORX

newbie tony

I lost an AB legacy 160 drive. I replaced it with another 160 with a different FRN #. I resolved the mismatch when I scanned the network. I have a E73 error on the DNET Scanner. How do I correct this?

Did you also replace the DNET adapter on the drive? You should be able to simply move it to the new drive, and then correct the mismatch in RSNetworx?

There might be an Apply, or Download button that you missed though. I normally just double click on the scanner and follow the directions. I have had a time or two where it failed to offer me the automatic correction of the mismatch, but closing the scanner window and double clicking it again re-triggered.

Or, perhaps you had something like what happened to me last week with a PF70. New, out of the box, the input and output assemblies were not the default values and I had to change those before I could make the scanner happy.

I think that those numbers are part of the adapter with the 160 series, and they begin at parameter 107. If you tried to use RSNetworx to download parameters to the drive through the DNET adapter, it may have failed due to the firmware mismatch, so using RSNetworx, or a HIM you may have to punch in those numbers manually.

I normally use RSNetworx, go online, double click the drive, click on the parameters tab, upload its parameters, then you must remember to toggle the "Monitor" button to switch between refreshing the display and editing the fields. After you make changes to the fields, you must Apply them and you'll be prompted to confirm the download of each parameter. After the changes are made, go back to monitor mode and look at them to ensure that the writes were successful. (Certain parameters cannot be changed while the drive is running).

I am reusing the same DN2 module on the 160 drive. I went out and uploaded from the network, saved it as today's date, put the CLX into PGM, and downloaded the network - no joy, still have the E73 error on the Scanner.

When you select the "resolve mismatch" action in the RSNetworx browse, it changes the RSNetworx project object for the device to match the actual firmware revision.

However, it does not change the DeviceNet Scanner's "electronic key" settings, unless you manually go in and remove the old scanlist entry and add a new one.

The Scanner's electronic keying setting is what's generating the error code 73 (electronic keying mismatch).

The easiest way to fix this is to go into the Scanner configuration, select the Bulletin 160's entry, and un-check the Electronic Keying boxes, at least as far as the Major Revision number.

The other fix is to note what I/O sizes and memory mapping offsets were used, then delete the Bulletin 160 from the Scanlist and add the new one. The new Scanlist entry will have the correct Vendor, Type, Code, and Major Revision keying information because it gets it from the RSNetworx project, which you have updated by performing the "Resolve Mismatch" operation.