How would you proceed?

Modicon Micro 110 CPU 311 03 apparently got really hot or even had a small fire so much so that one part of the plastic chasis fins have burn marks and even melted through.

No error lights, still in run, and appears to operating. I haven't had a chance to connect to it to see if that reveals anything else.

Would you just replace it? Would you trust it after it had such an experience? It is antiquated and obsolete hardware anyways. I am thinking of just suggesting replacing it with a small Twido or Mircologix.

I would get the replacement plan developed and ready to go, but run the old scarred unit until it actually dies, or you can schedule the switch to the new system.

That's what I've been thinking too. It is just small PLC for generator load shedding to allow some AC units for a government data center to stagger start in case of a power outage. I don't want to wait for it to fail completely though.

I guess putting off the replacement depends on what I find when I connect and check how all the I/O is responding (or not)