E-designer 7.5 Unable to connect to e1022 via rs232

swarup101

Hi,

I'm new to e-designer. I am trying to program a Mitsubishi e1022. I connected the PC to the terminal using CAB5 cable. But I don't know how to test the connection. I tried uploading a new project to the e1022, but it shows transmission error in the status after trying 3 times to change the mode to transfer mode. I tried with all the baud rates in the settings for serial transfer.Parity is set to none. Data bits 8. Stop bits 1. I tried connecting to a e200 also but could not connect.

How do I test the connection??

I don't know if the problem is with the cable or e-designer.

Please help.

What type of PLC are you using?

Edit: Sorry I misread your post, I thought you were having issues connecting PLC to HMI, not PC to HMI.

I have more experience with the GOT line of HMI's so I don't have any advice to give you.

Good luck,

Last edited:
Hi,

For E1000-panels you will need a CAB30 instead of a CAB5. CAB5 only works together with old E-series (e.g E200). Big difference is that E1000-panels has a PC RS232 pin-out (pin 2 & 3 are switched compared to E-series). Click on the link below to open a pdf with a CAB30 drawing:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/national/drawings.nsf/0/BA0437F28A33D3DFC1256F470045E2C8/$File/5400K.pdf

Are you using a "real" built-in serial port or a USB->Serial adapter? Some adapters does not work well with all HMI's, PLC's etc. I think that the USB-adapter from Aten normally should work OK.

Hope this helps!

//Supporter

Forget programming using the serial port, use the Export command, copy the resulting file to a USB stick, put the USB stick in to the HMI. Way easier and a lot quicker.

E1012/E1022 does not have a USB port and no built-in ethernet port either. So he is stuck with serial transfer (if he does not purchase an ethernet expansion card for the E1012/E1022).

//Supporter