Indian Controls Engineer Payscale

jvjr

Does anybody know what would be the average salary of a Automations/Controls Engineer in India? This would be an Indian working in India not a foreigner working there.

I do know they make very little compared to the US. I worked with some Indians on a project and they said some make as little as 14K a year.
The pay in India is very low the average person makes like $300 a month. So an engineer there makes quite a bit more.

Thanks anealysr. Maybe I can get some more input from other people. But basically I can come to the conclusion that if an Indian Automations/Controls Engineer was getting between $2000.00 - $3000.00 U.S. dollars a month it would be high even by U.S. standards.

when they work overseas they take jobs at 500 per week so everyone else gets Scrwd

I note that your link has Australian Manager positions advertised.

- $22000 would not employ a circus monkey at that salary.
With respect to the Indian Workforce who come here.
And not knocking their abilities
some accept that level of pay then try to impose that on their employees.

the absolute base rate - less allowances would be around $55k

I do know they make very little compared to the US. I worked with some Indians on a project and they said some make as little as 14K a year.
The pay in India is very low the average person makes like $300 a month. So an engineer there makes quite a bit more.

I think what really matters is how well you can do no matter where in the world you work. As example while in US Navy we visited Hong Kong. Friend and I would have dinner at a nice restaurant. We got to comparing notes with head waiter who like most we encountered there thought we were all filthy rich. What we found out he worked
X hours a day to buy his kids shoes, Y hours to buy a car and Z hours to buy a house. His standard of living in Hong Kong was just about the same as ours back home.

Yes the exchange rate favored Americans and we had been at sea for 65 days. Two months tax free pay (we cut through the Viet Nam war zone)
paid in cash
in Hong Kong. Yes we had fun.

Dan Bentler

Originally Posted by iant
i note that your link has australian manager positions advertised.

- $22000 would not employ a circus monkey at that salary.
With respect to the indian workforce who come here.
And not knocking their abilities
some accept that level of pay then try to impose that on their employees.

The absolute base rate - less allowances would be around $55k

I was mainly curious about the pay an Indian Controls Engineer made while working mainly in India. I thought, to be specific , $2900/Month - $34800/Year plus benefits ( U.S. Funds ) was a bit on the high side. But apparently our management does not.

Last edited:
if I was working in India @ 2900 per month I would not be doing much other than drinking......
I would expect all other expenses paid - food accomodation and activities outside of work.
Also my regular pay at home.....

I was mainly curious about the pay an Indian Controls Engineer made while working mainly in India. I thought, to be specific , $2900/Month - $34800/Year plus benefits ( U.S. Funds ) was a bit on the high side. But apparently our management does not.

I was not referring to a foreigner comimg to India to work but an Indian citizen working as a Controls Engineer in India. Sorry for any confusion.

I am confused
Why are you asking us? What do we know about being of Indian (ethnic heritage), culture, what it is like for them working at home?

I think I would ask an Indian in India working as a controls engineer for an Indian company.

Dan Bentler