lateniter

I want to be able to swap parameters within a display; however,
I need to be able to swap several parameter files only
using two buttons.

We'll Call the display "Well Status" which initially opens
with parameter file 1 - Well 1's parameters. At the left and
right sides of the display will be a navigation button,
left button cycles you backwards through parameter files,
and the right button forward through the parameter files.

Ideas?🤾

Can you assign a macro to the button that replaces the current screen with a call to a screen (replace mode pop-up?) where the macro first increments (right side nav buttton) the index for the parameter file to be used? I am not sure a display can replace itself from a button macro contained within it but it seems plausible...

Functional but ugly solution.

It's a completely ad-hoc solution but it works.
Really painful if you have a ton of parameter files you need
to cycle through. Also, your parameter files need to be systematic to a degree.

In your display create a button for every parameter file you could possibly want to open.
For the action use "display <display_name> /P <parameter_file> ". Then think about which
button should be visible in correlation
with the currently opened parameter file and use a value from that parameter file for your
animation logic to toggle the button visible or not.
Then stack each button on top of each other and run the program.

Essentially you are closing your display and reopening it in the same spot with a different parameter file
each time you do this and with the new parameter file having loaded
new navigational options have been toggled visible.
To the end user it would seem just as though you are cycling through a set of screens.

.... It works, but it's ugly to implement for 40+ parameter files.... Anyone know how to do this more efficiently??:unsure:

Can you assign a macro to the button that replaces the current screen with a call to a screen (replace mode pop-up?) where the macro first increments (right side nav buttton) the index for the parameter file to be used? I am not sure a display can replace itself from a button macro contained within it but it seems plausible...

I'll have to give it a try tomorrow and let you know!
Thanks!