FactoryTalkView- CurrentLanguage to PLC

asteroide

Hello Friends

I have 2 languages in my app, en-US, es-MX.

I need to send CurrentLanguage to PLC, I am trying with Macro in Global Connections but without sucess.

I am trying to send the string like "en-US" or "es-MX".

Also I am trying to send a DINT like 0 for english, 1 for spanish, but neither works

These are my expressions:

{[PLC]Current_Language_String}=(CurrentLanguage())

If (CurrentLanguage( ) == "en-US") Then ({[PLC]Current_Language}=0)
Else ({[PLC]Current_Language}=1)

I have tried a lot of combinations but without sucess.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Both work for me, ver 12 FTME.

What part isn't working? Where are you doing the expression evaluation and checking the value of CurrentLanguage()?

Hello

The language changes OK in the panel with Language Switch Button.

I need to let the PLC to know which language is active in the Panel.

Controller Tag: Type

Current_Language_String String

Current_Language DINT

I have FactoryTalk View ME v11

I have a string display in the panel that shows en-US or es-MX according the language selected, but I cant send this to the PLC. I have done many combinations without success.

The syntax is OK in factory, but in the PLC I am not receiving response.

Thanks in advance

You didn't answer the question. Where are you assigning the PLC tag in FTME the value of CurrentLanguage()? Are you using a button script, macro, or ?, because the language switch button doesn't provide a means to assign a tag. The best method is to use a remote macro tied to system/second that assigns CurrentLanguage() to your PLC tag.

I was using a Macro but tied at the same CurrentLanguage(), so It does not work. I did as you said and now it is working.
Thanks a lot