Siemens Basic Question? on WinCC Flexible SCL

AlecTek

Hi all, I was told that I can not program winCC Flexible 2008 in SCL, but today I just saw a Function Block which is created in SCL but unfortunately it is locked so I cannot open the source. If anyone knows how to program in SCL please help.

That block FC60 is not part of the wincc flex project, that is part of your S7 project.

oh, right!! Sorry I mixed them up. I am using Step7 v5.5. But when I create a new function or fb, I have 3 options of the programming languages: STL, FBD, or LAD. I am learning STL, but I really want to go to SCL because I learned Pascal before. Is there any way for me to use SCL? for example, making a SCL function outside Step7 and import to Step 7's library?

Best regards

Sounds like you have the basic version of S7.

SCL is an additional addon for Step 7 basis, if you have the professional version its included.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Sounds like you have the basic version of S7.

SCL is an additional addon for Step 7 basis, if you have the professional version its included.

it says Stemp 7 S7/M7/C7 version 5.5.0.0. Hmmm, I will check with my provider.

The SCL source will be in the sources folder if it is present. Have you looked ?

I looked, but the folder is empty.

Thanks for all the inputs.
it says Stemp 7 S7/M7/C7 version 5.5.0.0. Hmmm, I will check with my provider.
I looked, but the folder is empty.

If you look at Help/About and click the installed Software button and you have S7-PLCSIM,S7-GRAPH & S7-SCL missing its likely you dont have Pro.

what are you trying to do?
FC60 is a Siemens protected block. It was created in SCL but you dont need SCL to use it.
Hit F1 and help on the block should show up

what are you trying to do?
FC60 is a Siemens protected block. It was created in SCL but you dont need SCL to use it.
Hit F1 and help on the block should show up

I will first get familiar with SCL when I can use SCL to create an sample project then I can start to program an application.

I've read the example codes and it seems I'll be fine, except i don't understand how the data block connects to the Function block. I can only see in the title line of the data block says instance for *** function block, is that all?

The protected blocks like FC60 always confuse me, especially when they have no examples. I found I usually spend a lot of time in reading the help file but ain't able to get them. I am afraid that it would be faster for me to re-program them myself. Do you have any adivices?

Best regards