help with micrologix 1100

escoplcguy

i am in the process of converting an old plc-5 to a micrologix 1100. i am having alot of problems with it tho. for one i dont understand my data tables! and number two i cant get my analog outpat of4 to do what i want. when i put in a number it reacts but its drastic and i may have blew the proportional valve cause now im getting nothing.

my old setup on plc-5 was when i wrote in the value 32767 i got fully open one way. 0 was fully open the oposite way and half was closed.

also when i go to the data table its telling me the nuber to enter is between 0 and 177777...nothing ive ever seen before...please help me with this!

another thing ive noticed..why do i have on my input table...my output card??

First, you'll want to make sure your OF4 module is configured properly. If you don't have it already, this may be useful to you:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1762-in016_-en-p.pdf

Be sure that the output channel is set up for the same type of signal that the valve is expecting (0-10v, 4-20mA, etc.).

As for the output modules showing up in the input table, that's so they can present status information to the PLC. Similarly, some input modules will have a presence in the output table so you can send them configuration information.

ok so update.....i did a scp and did the oppsite of the input. so my top number is N7:0 min and max is 0 - 20 then i have my scaled min max set at 0 32767 and the output is my channel on output card. is this the typical setup??

seems to be working good, can i now change the top input from interger to a float to get more accurate??

It looks like your SCP setup is fine, as long as your output behaves the way you want it to.

Generally, these analog signals are integers, so I don't think that going to float, even if possible, would gain you anything. I saw a thread recently where RSLogix gave compile warnings/errors when a float was used in a scale instruction.