Importing data in HTML webpage from PLC

ravinder012

Hi,
I am just new in automation field.
Actually we use compact logix 1769 L32E PLC which already have Ethernet port. We also use MODBUS RTA 451EM-D to contol the VFDs of different motors. This MODBUS data contains the information which we need. MODBUS is connected to PLC through Ethernet.
Is it possible to get the data out of MODBUS or PLC and arrange on computer as HTML page?

I would reference the VFD manuals and see if they have software that lets you view the modbus registers.

Last edited:
Ravinder - You can view process data on a web page.

I would first check out the free trial of Ignition. The free OPC-UA server connects to your Compactlogix PLC natively. You also could use MODBUS if you prefer. The "quick client" is a web page that lets you view and write to PLC tags from within your web browser. It's appropriate for a controls person, but not something that you would want to necessarily give your end users.

The commercial version of Ignition (Vision module in particular) lets you create applications that are web launched. You click from a browser, then an application is launched that lets you view/control your process. Contact Inductive Automation for a web demo if you want to see how that works.

If you literally want to display a very custom interface into your PLCs in HTML in a web browser, that is possible as well. The key is to get the data from the PLC to an SQL database. You then create a dynamic web page based on the database. I used to do these all the time with FactorySQL (now Ignition SQL bridge module) - there are other programs that perform this function as well. I would use a MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server database with an ASP, PHP, or Cold Fusion web page. These days, this approach is a lot of work unless you have a really compelling reason.