Siemens S5-150 U + printer

gurioste

Hi guys,
I have the following situation:

There's a Siemens S5-150 U and a Siemens DR 216-N printer for reports connected to the PLC. The thing is that this printer is no longer working and there's no replacement in the market, at least here in AR.

I am wondering if I can use any other Dot Matrix Printer as a replacement for the one above.

What would you suggest as a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Gonzalo

Oioioi, here we are talking about adult equipment. Don't remember the DR216.

Could you tell us:
- What kind of com-card is it in the 150U? I would guess AS512 or CP524/525?
- And is it current loop or RS232 interface?

In short; if it is a serial interface on the CP-card, you'll need a serial interface on the printer, and perhaps a current loop/RS232 converter.

It was a lot of fun setting up those serial printers. If the protocol, speed or character frame isn't correct, it will print signs you newer saw before.
icon12.gif

Kalle