CPU 315-2 Dynamic hardware configuration

rekkie

Hi,

We are evaluating the possibility of creating a standard "complete" hardware configuration for our machines using a siemens CPU315-2 PN/DP based PLC. The hardware configuration will contain the configuration for all optional devices on our machine.

My question is, when the optional devices are not present on our machine, the SF light of the CPU will light up to to a hardware configuration error. Is there any way of keeping the "complete" machine hardware configuration and not have the SF LED lit? ie some sort of dynamic hardware configuration to avoid a SF when some specific hardware is not present?

thanks for the help

Rack I/O and profibus/profinet? partial Profibus remote I/O, Safety integrated ?

Full details required.

I've used SFC12 to disable certain Profibus stations from a fully populated h/w config.

Last edited:
If you are thinking about modules in the backplane, then there are some "Configuration in Run" features for S7-400, but not for S7-300.
For entire distributed stations on DP or PN, there is SFC12 as LD says.
I actually have a system like that, with a standard HW config, and on the standard HMI you can enable or disable entire DP stations. Even this simple system is a lot of work for the program and the HMI to update accordingly (hiding the inactive parts).

Why do you want the Status Fault light off? The machine will function perfectly even if this is lit and the hardware config does not match.[Depending if you are utilizing the "err on hardware mismatch" FB.]

Most customers have no idea what the SF and BF lights are for anyway.

My company has been doing this for years.

You can force off that SF led as well as needed, (I would do that)...

Quaiff?

I cant see how that can work for modules in an S7-300 backplane.
How can the CPU know which input modules are still left, if you for example remove some modules in the middle of a row of input modules ?
I may be wrong, just cant get my head around this.:unsure:

What we are trying to achieve is to be able to remove either a complete control unit with associated motor drives, and/or complete ET200s racks all connected via profibus. This would be due to our machines having either one or more blocks that may be present or not depending on customer requirements.

At the moment everything works fine for different configurations, however the customers complain about the SF and BF1 leds being on. Any ideas?

If all these things are connected via Profibus or Profinet, and you are talking about removing/installing complete nodes, then SFC12 will do the job as already suggested.