S7 1200 comparison

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am doing work with multiple fixtures. Many of them are identicle in the program aside from strings for fixture numbers and such. So after changing 1 program I did a comparison to the other that is going to be the same. I noticed the feature of being able to overwrite blocks that are different. This is very handy. The problem I had is that the manual shows you can overwrite in either direciton: Original Project -> Compared or Orignal Project <- Compared. But it only allows me to: Orignal Project <- Compared Am I missing something?

It's not a show stopper I just have to save the project I changed, open the new project, compare to the project I just saved, then execute the overwrite action.

I guess it doesn't really matter that it only overwrites in one direction. Trying to use any of the projects that I used that function on they either will not open due to project being damaged, or when I try to look at the PLC blocks the application crashes.

Instead I had to grab my previously archived project and copy the blocks from the updated project and paste them into the other.