WinCC Flexible ShiftandMask

CharlesM

Does anyone have an example on how to use the shiftandmask event in WinCC Flexible?

In a script I am reading a byte out of the plc. I want to break this down into bits and write them out to a text file. I think the shiftandmask will take in the byte and return a 0 or 1 for whatever bit is specified. I just can't get it to work and the help file is not much help.

I started with a UDT of 24 bools then made that an array of 500. I quickly found that WinCC Flexible does not like UDTs like this. It wants normal arrays or tags for each value of the array. So I went back and removed the UDT and just went to 3 bytes. I have broke them up in a script before by making a loop for each byte and shifting the bits. I thought the shiftandmask would do this with less work but I could not get it to work at all. So to get everything to work I did as you suggested and made 24 bool arrays of 500.

I am using these for status bits from different parts of the machine. The array is cleared and filled each cycle. When something goes wrong I save this file out and use Excel to find out where my problems are.