OMRON Sysmac mini SP16

I've been asked to get the program out of a old OMRON sysmac mini SP16. From the Manuals I have found it looks like I need a hand held programmer SP10-PRO01-V1 and cable SP10-CNxx1.

Does any one in the uk -south yorkshire/Nottingham area know of any one or have one of thease and is willing to let us hire it for a few days or even sell.

I've also found a wiring diagram for a cable which needs making with components and I've downloaded a copy of Minilss which looks like you have to run in DOS with cpukiller to slow clock speed which sound complicated. Any one made one of thease and got it to work.

Last edited:
Looking for a cheaper option than the +£250 it would cost for the operator terminal cable and memory card as dont think will beable to push all this cost onto our client and probably never need it again.
Have downloaded minilss and got it running under xp pro with cpu killer but finding confusing posts about the cable required. Are active componets required to convert ttl voltages to RS232 or not as the diagram I have appears to show some internal components in the PLCs programming port then two cables to connect to RS232 port of PC but with only a 1Kohm pul up resister. Will this work.

[53]SP10_SP16_SP20_to_PC_cable.gif

It does work. I would also suggest using a laptop for isolation just in case.

Use the cable diagram shown in the lower right side of the page.
The diagram at the top is actually a rear-view of the socket inside the PLC. You will have to hold the image up to a mirror to determine the physical locations of the individual pin connections or be able to visualise it some other way.

Here are some links to more information if you haven't already found it.
Link to mrplc site, search for minilss:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1
Link to tutorial from the same site:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=244

Last edited:
I've made up the cable on the lower right of the pic and got mini lss to run with cpu killer. But I can 't get any of the coms to work to the PLC just the Couldn't read LR sizes cumminication timed out. Double checked cable looked ok.
Do I need to dig one of our old dos machines from storage.

Got a old 486 with dos 6.2 running minilss and got coms working eventually. It didn't work at first then I put a break out box inline to see which lines where is what state from the leds and by isconecting this on and off suddenly coms started working. If I depower down plc I need to go through this rotine again to get the coms workling again or I get the LR size error. I think the cable solder connections are fine but the design is not perfect and really could do with a proper ttl to rs232 chip in there.