programming in rs logix 500

vikas1947

good morning every body
i have a plc allen bradly micrologix 1100 with 16 input output
actually i want to construct a program for elivatore (lift) of 4 floor
objectives:
1.when i press call button of any floor the the lift will come to that floor
2.when i press 1 call then 2nd call then 3rd call the lift will go to all these floor one by one
3.the lift should be power saver means if 1st call then 3rd floor call then 2nd floor call so this time lift will 1st stop in 2nd floor then it will move to the 3rd floor.

the question is very long and a little fuzzy if any dought in question then tell me i will make it clear

thank you very much all automation personals đź““

thanks for your kind interest

i made call system if my lift is in 3rd floor and if i will press call button in first floor the lift will start moving towards 1st floor same for all floor

i mean i made a circuit in which i can call the lift from any floor but the problem is that if first i call from 1st then 2nd and presently my lift is in third floor so the lift should go to 2nd first then AUTOMATICALLY after closing the gate of lift it will start moving towards 1st floor and complete all the call one by one by saving power too.🤞🏻

untitled11.jpg untitled22.jpg untitled33.jpg untitled44.jpg

Vikas,

Put symbols on each instruction, and rung comments on each rung to describe, explain, and help you and me both.
I have a plc- Allen Bradly Micrologix 1100 with 16 inputs and outputs.
For a 4-floor elevatpr, I counted up 16 inputs and 8 outputs. You could sacrifice and use fewer. Maybe just leave off the door and save some Inputs on the door switches and outputs on the door opener motor (just kidding- that was a joke)!

Last edited:
Vikas,

Put symbols on each instruction, and rung comments on each rung to describe, explain, and help you and me both.
For a 4-floor elevatpr, I counted up 16 inputs and 8 outputs. You could sacrifice and use fewer. Maybe just leave off the door and save some Inputs on the door switches and outputs on the door opener motor (just kidding- that was a joke)!

No joke - I've seen a lift with no doors! Although this one was constantly moving, ("Paternoster") and the passenger cars hinged so when the chain went over the top (and under the bottom), they remained "right-way-up". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternoster

Although figures in here suggest there's lots about of the conventional up/down variety....

http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/fod/oc/200-299/232_21.pdf

1 This OC revises FIC 232/18 which advised inspectors that from 1987 passenger lifts with 'doorless' or 'gateless' cars should not be installed. It describes improvements needed for safety at existing lifts of this type and gives additional information on the particular hazard when goods are carried with or by passengers.
2 Passenger lifts with cars without doors or gates have been used in the UK for many years. At least 2,000 have been installed, mainly in hotels and residential premises. They operate under the control of passengers, ie 'non-continuously'; this distinguishes them from the continuously-operating 'Paternoster' lifts which are not covered by this circular. (See Guidance Note PM 8 'Passenger-carrying paternosters' (file 232)).
3 It is probable that no lifts without doors have been installed since 1987. However, it is not known whether there has been much improvement to the standards at existing lifts. It is likely that many of the doorless car lifts installed in the UK are still operating in the same basic condition as they were installed, perhaps 30 years ago.

Last edited:
this is just only for up and down call working of elivatore i will add openning and closing os gate program further ,

untitled11.jpg untitled22.jpg untitled33.jpg untitled44.jpg untitled55.jpg

Just a few thoughts before you go too far with your logic....

What will happen if a "call" is made while the lift is moving between floors ? There will be no sensor on to decide which direction to travel.

What will happen if the lift is travelling from floor 1 to floor 4, and a call is made on floor 3 ? Should it stop at 3 before going up to 4 ?

I think you need to think about using "retentive" state bits derived from the calls that are made...

There are many ways to do what you want.

But to keep it simple, you could use a set of "called" memory bits.

If the lift arrives at a floor that has been "called", it should stop there, and clear the memory bit.

You also need to remember the direction the lift was going, so that it continues to its original target floor. This will stop it going 2, 3, 2, 3 etc. when 1 and 4 have "called" it.

Yes, it should stop in third. Please help me makr this program.
First, for the Call buttons, you only need to prevent a call if for example a guy walks into the second floor car but pushed the "2" button by mistake. In that case where the car is on the same floor as the button pressed, you lock it out to prevent a latch. Otherwise, you do not want to exclude any other calls.

Organization is the key to solving the elevator problem. Good program structure will save you plenty of headaches on this problem. Here is your basic 4-floor elevator program outline:

BASIC ELEVATOR PROGRAM STRUCTURE.jpg

Here are some of the Car Request calls. You also have add some logic below that shown to find the Lowest Floor Requested. This is important to prevent the elevator from needless travel. Notic that the Request Lamps are Latched, otherwise they will just go back off when the call button is released.

BASIC ELEVATOR PROGRAM- CAR REQUESTS.jpg

Last edited:
solution

now see what i made
according to this program when i press 2,3,4,1 floor sensor then y lift will move to 2nd floor then 3rd floor then 4th floor then 1st floor .curently i useed 8 inputs for that only

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg