WINCC scada button click when an input is activated

NiCeBoY

Hi,
is there any function in SCADA which can click on a button when a digital input is ON?

The button on my scada is setting 1 tag, at the same time resetting 2 other tags.

What i want to to is when digital input I126.0 is ON (set to 1) it should perform the same operation as the button.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

Only have the HMI set/reset one tag! The more of this kind of thing you do in the HMI the more difficult it is to see what is happening in the program! If someone is reading your program 10 years from now, how would they know that button is doing three tasks?

Then, all you need to do after that is OR your button bit and your input bit and create the new tag to control everything else in the ladder.

Only have the HMI set/reset one tag! The more of this kind of thing you do in the HMI the more difficult it is to see what is happening in the program! If someone is reading your program 10 years from now, how would they know that button is doing three tasks?

Then, all you need to do after that is OR your button bit and your input bit and create the new tag to control everything else in the ladder.
make sense,
but i would like to know if there is a function thaat exist to click on a button when an input is on..

What scada are you using. You can do it in most scada systems but its bad practice. You'll create situations where the installation might not be able to run safely without the scada

Last edited:
>_>

Make it a script, run script from tag and/or button.
Or create the same functionality on a tag, WinCC doesn't stop you from creating redundant functions.
There are several ways to 'mimic' the functionality linked to the button press, but actually pressing the button using a tag? No.

As been mentioned, this is not the correct way to do it.
If a bit in the PLC needs to set/reset bits in the same PLC, you do not go about doing the set and reset in the HMI.