AutoCad Electrical

dginbuffalo

In AutoCad electrical there is an "Icon Menu" on the Schematic tab that you can pull in modules from different vendors. they point to a ACE.MDB file. i'm wondering if there is a way to update that data from different vendors? there are some AB modules i would like to pull in but are not on the list. ANy ideas?? Thanks.

The "PLC Database File Editor" is on a drop down on the "Other Tools" section of the "Schematic" ribbon in AutoCAD Electrical 2011. It takes a while to understand how the database works, but you can create any sort of module you want once you understand it.

In AutoCad electrical there is an "Icon Menu" on the Schematic tab that you can pull in modules from different vendors. they point to a ACE.MDB file. i'm wondering if there is a way to update that data from different vendors? there are some AB modules i would like to pull in but are not on the list. ANy ideas?? Thanks.

Just went through this the other day to add a 1756-OW16I module. There is a tool that allows you to edit and create modules in the ACE.MDB file. Once you find where this tool is as the previous post states:

"PLC Database File Editor" is on a drop down on the "Other Tools" section of the "Schematic" ribbon in AutoCAD Electrical

Edit an existing module so you can how a module is structured. It is also a good idea to have a wiring diagram handy of the module you want to add, as you will be entering a function for terminal on the new module.

I find sometimes its easier to add components and part numbers directly into to Access database especially if you need to add a lot of part numbers or a whole new MFG. The path to the database on my XP machine is \My Documents\Acade 2012\AeData\PLC. Then open the ace_plc.mdb and on the left are all the tables. You will also see in the path \My Documents\Acade 2012\AeData\Catalog the default_cat.mdb this is where MFG part#'s are stored based on the family ie CR, LT, SS .... you will also see the footprint_lookup.mdb this is where Autocad looks at the part # then decides which DWG to use for the footprint.
All the schematic and footprint DWG's are located here C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2011\Libs.
For me looking at these databases really helped me understand how the whole catalog/footprint features of ACADE work.

O-ya I forgot to mention in the path My Documents\Acade 2011\AeData\Catalogs you will also see the wddinrl.xls file this is where the Din-rail and Wire Duct info is stored. I think this is the only way to add Din-rail and Wire Duct.